Thursday, March 15, 2018

Stampin' Up! Happy Wishes Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Hey y'all...it's Thursday again...and you know what that means. Yes, we are going hopping with a great group of crafters. This week's challenge is a sketch and here it is...
No automatic alt text available.

Today's card uses a technique I've never posted before. It's called polished stone. There are several tutorials for it on You Tube. I'm also using the Happy Wishes stamp set, which is exclusive to Sale-A-Bration. Learn more by clicking on the tab above. On with the card...


My card base is Fresh Fig with a mat of Lemon Lime Twist. 

Now for the polished stone mat...I used Glossy White Card Stock, Fresh Fig and Lemon Lime Twist reinkers. It is so simple to do. You just dampen a cotton ball with alcohol, add 3 or 4 drops of each color inker on the cotton ball and pounce it all over the glossy card stock. Then you take a clean cotton ball and pounce it all over to clean up any major wet spots. Let it dry and then adhere it to the other mat.

I cut a piece of Fresh Fig 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon and used glue dots to adhere it to the polished stone mat. 

Using the 2" circle punch, I cut a piece of Fresh Fig. Using the 1 3/8" scallop punch, I cut a piece of Lemon Lime Twist. I used my Fresh Fig Stampin' Write Marker to make little dots around the scallop. 

To get the sentiment lined up, I used my Stamp-a-ma-Jig and stamped Happy Birthday in Fresh Fig. I adhered the scallop circle to the Fresh Fig Circle with Dimensionals. I then added 3 Lemon Lime Twist Glitter Dots and the card front was done.

For the inside, I adhered a Lemon Lime Twist mat to the card base. I stamped a piece of Whisper White with Fresh Fig using two stamps from Happy Wishes. I sponged the edges with Fresh Fig and adhered that to the Lemon Lime Twist.



I hope you enjoyed reading about my card. I also hope you will continue on reading about all the other wonderful projects our team created. The "next" button will take you to Julie Johnston so you can check out her beautiful project



or you can click on each name below to go directly to that post for today. Thanks for hopping with us.




6 comments:

  1. What a cool technique Karen! Thanks for sharing the details! You created a pretty background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to do Polished Stone waaaaay back, what a fun technique! I will check out the others on the hop as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun technique - faux polished stone. Who knew?? Thanks for the good directions and for sharing this pretty card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well! I had never heard of polished stone, so thanks for the directions on that. I might have liked your card better :-) if you had NOT used that one color. However, it looks pretty good with the fig. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New technique to me so thanks for the directions. Interesting look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun background technique.....well done.

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...