Friday, October 20, 2017

Coast Guard Veterans Day

Finally I got to the Coast Guard! I have an array of cards I did for those Veterans and I am pleased with how they turned out. What do you think?





The last photo is what all of the cards say inside...again the stamp is from DRS.

My first photo is done with the shaving cream technique for my mat. I used Night of Navy reinker drops and just swirled it in the shaving cream willy nilly. The remainder of the card is self-explanatory.

For the second card, my mat is from the Wood Textures DSP and the rest is self-explanatory.

My third card mat is a piece of patterned paper a friend gave me. The lighthouse is from a two-step stamp set, High Tide Photopolymer. I stamped it in Night of Navy and Rose Red. The emblems were printed from the internet on my computer. I am entering this one in Craftyhazelnuts Patterned Paper October 2017 Challenge.

I want to do four or five different cards for each branch of the service so I've got some work to do! Tomorrow will be the Marines.

Thanks for looking.




4 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards Karen! Love the shaving cream background, perfect colors on all 3! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Amy. I appreciate the time to take to leave comments on my blog.

      Delete
  2. Another hit! All three cards are wonderful - particularly love the background you achieved with the shaving cream! Thanks for making these wonderful cards to share with our Servicemen and Women! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary. I certainly did get inky! I will use gloves next time!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...