Saturday, June 17, 2017

New York!

We left Lexington, NC at 6:30 AM headed for the Finger Lakes. Unfortunately, my brother and sister-in-love just returned from Alaska yesterday and with them a cold or bronchial infection. With Perry's immune system, we couldn't take the chance so we headed for his sister's in Gloversville. She is in Myrtle Beach so we have the whole house to ourselves except for Sammie. Sammie is a tuxedo cat just like our Tini. She is sweet and took her about an hour before she decided to see who was here!

I haven't had time nor space to create a card so I thought I'd just share some pics of our experiences along the way. While we were on the road, we saw some interesting things on wheels. Get a load of this bus...
Peacemaker Bus

I Googled it...Twelve Tribes

Then we saw this...
What was it? If you know, please comment because we have no idea and didn't even know how to Google it!

I finally remembered to take a pic of our last meal at Childress. Perry had what I had yesterday and I had what he had.
Honey Walnut Chicken Salad Croissant and Fries

Bistro Burger with Applewood Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Fried Pickles, Caramelized Onions, Heirloom Tomatoes, Malt Vinegar Mayo and a cup of Tomato Basil soup

Then not to be outdone, this little guy had to get in the pic before the sunset from our room...skunks really ARE cute...



I am so disappointed we didn't get pics of our visit to Hanover Park Vineyard and our wonderful tasting of whites with Amy the owner...and Pearl, of course! We then moseyed on to Westbend Winery and Brewery where we met Holly and Jenny (formerly of Childress). Holly gave us a tour of the renovated winery (under new owners) and Jenny gave us a tour of the two bedroom cottage. Their wines were spectacular. Perry also tried an IPA and I tried the chocolate/caramel beer...YUM. While we were there, Perry's doctor (now our friend) came with her son and boyfriend. We had many good laughs and a few tears. They had just come from zip lining...we ARE going to try that in our old age!! It was a wonderful afternoon filled with hugs and laughter.

I took a pic of my crafting space...just to bring the blog back around to cards!
It's more room than I have at home. BUT, what I have at home is much less expensive!!

Thanks for looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...