Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Mystery Card

Last night I participated in another Mystery Card done by Jackie on Facebook. This morning I decided to post what I made for these three challenges:


and


For the first clue, Jackie gave us 10 minutes to get our cardstock, inks, embellishments and cutting ready. I chose Crushed Curry for my base, DSP from the retiring Affectionately Yours paper for my mat and banner. On Very Vanilla cardstock, I stamped the sentiment (from a Paper Pumpkin kit) in Night of Navy. I stamped a heart from a Paper Pumpkin kit in Crushed Curry and fussy cut it and adhered it to the banner. I used the white gel pen to add stitches along the banner so it would be more visible. I tied Crushed Curry baker's twine around the bottom of the sentiment piece and tied a bow. I added 3 rhinestones for my bling. You can see how the mystery stamp along works here...Mystery Stamp-A-Long...and here is what I ended up with...

I wish I had sponged the sentiment edges! Oh, well, thanks for looking!






7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea to create via a Mystery Stamp A Long Karen. Love what you have created, with just a touch of glitz in the rhinestones! Thanks for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun, Karen! And your card turned out great! Love the idea to put the gel pen stitches on the banner. Perfect little touch!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Karen. Love the faux stitching. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever idea to put the stitching around the edge! Lovely card and perfect for our challenge. So glad you joined the fun at SUOChallenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use of the retiring DSP! Love the stitched die cuts as well as the use of the twine- thanks for including SUO Challenges into your design! Hugs and I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unusual - and so awesome!!! Not your run of the mill card- I love it!!! Thanks for playing along with the SUO challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely creation, I love the little extras you added! Very nicely done! Thanks for playing with the SIP sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...