Monday, January 23, 2017

Christmas Again!

Yesterday I was humming a Christmas carol and my son said we were past that season. Well, apparently, I am not! Neither is the Merry Monday Blog nor Crafty Hazelnut. She also has a Monthly Patterned Paper Blog. I'm entering my card in those challenges as well as Sunday Stamps #144. Wish me luck!


My card base is Very Vanilla with a Cherry Cobbler mat. I stamped the sentiment from The Sounding Joy with Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla and used my Stars Framelits dies to cut out the three stars. The star (top right) is from Photoplay's Luke 2 paper pad. The bottom left star is from SU Warmth and Cheer paper stack.

For the inside, I used Versamark ink and embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder. I wanted to use my Very Vanilla stamp spot but alas, it has disappeared in my reorganization of inks and drawers. Perhaps the cat batted it somewhere? I was disappointed how the "all" turned out, but not enough that I won't send it in 328 days! Christmas is only 47 weeks away :-)


Thanks for looking!


20 comments:

  1. Just love your trio of stars on the rich Cherry Cobbler background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and how you stamped the sentiment in the star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have been able to do it without a die. Thank you, JoAnn.

      Delete
  3. Karen, I love the CAS design, yet so detailed with gorgeous sentiment star. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to add the sentiment in the Large star, lovely Christmas card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love the star sentiment, great colors and design! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 317 and my Patterned Paper January challenge – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hazel. I'm not sure how many times I can enter this OR if I can backlink once the day has gone by. Let me know!

      Delete
  7. Karen, beautiful CAS design and lovely sentiment! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I'm so glad you have a Christmas challenge!

      Delete
  8. hello karen! this is precious, luv those stars against the cranberry background...pretty! I am so glad you played along with us at
    sunday stamps!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa. I'm off to see what the challenge is today, 1/29.

      Delete
  9. A lovely CAS design, it really caught my eye in the Merry Monday gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine X DT

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...