Sunday, April 24, 2016

My First Challenge

I decided today that I would enter a challenge...my first! Here's hoping I can figure out how to do it correctly.
http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2016/04/pp292-sketch-challenge-from-claire.html


The colors for the layers are Night of Navy, Lost Lagoon, Awesomely Artistic DSP and the crab is Marina Mist on Whisper White. The crab has text on it so I will enter it in a second challenge (hopefully). It is sponged with Pacific Point. The baker's twine is Bermuda Bay. I'm not sure what color the enamel dot is...all I know is I don't really have the blues! Thanks for looking!

I made these next two cards for two siblings who have Cystic Fibrosis. They were wanting pen pals so I have decided to be the one! They will have a month to guess who their "secret" pen pal is. They are pretty smart kids so it will probably only take them a week! We are at opposite ends of the east coast but they are near and dear to my heart. I have been friends with their grandmother for 47 years. Hazel loves owls and Edgar hopefully likes to fish. 




4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of challenges! Your card is wonderful.....love the watery colors you used with your image! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players! Your other cards are so sweet.....the kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I'm so glad you offered! I want to get this to the Red Wagon challenge, but I'm not sure how or even if you are connected with that. I will learn! I might even figure out how to get a PP gadget on my blog!!

      Delete
  2. So happy you picked my challenge as your first entry! That is exciting! Love the colors your chose and your beachy theme! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card to initiate your challenge-taking journey! Love the blues! Your sibling cards are fun too! They'll love them! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players and I hope you come back many times again!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...