Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Stampin' Up! Beautiful World for Amy's Inkin' Krew Monthly Blog Hop

Welcome to this month’s Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Blog Hop. We’ve got a "Celebrate Summer" theme today. I hope you’ll be able to spend some time reading and hopping through all the other talented team member projects today...once you've read mine, of course...lol! DL.ART Thankful Thursday has a 263 "Summertime" challenge so I'm entering my card there.

I used the Beautiful World Stamp Set for my sentiment on the front, along with the Story Label punch. I was inspired by a card by Paper Stamp Ink on You Tube.

My card base is Pretty Peacock and my patterned paper is the retired Tropical Oasis and it just shouts summer, don't you think? Surf boards, woodies, palm trees...I can hear the Beach Boys singing "All Summer Long". You can hear them too if you'd like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Tz-OlwpVk 


So, my top piece measures 5 1/4" x 1 7/8" and the bottom is 5 1/4" x 1 1/2". I adhered them with liquid glue to a piece of 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White so that I had a 1/8" gap. I ran a 6 1/2" piece of Braided linen thread across the gap and adhered the ends to the back of the mat with adhesive tape. I put Dimensionals on the back of the mat and adhered it to the card front.

I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful World on a scrap of Whisper White and punched it out with the Story Label punch. I also punched a mat of Pool Party, cut it in half and glued the pieces on the back. I stippled the sentiment with Pretty Peacock ink. I adhered it to the card front with Dimensionals.

Now on to the inside...


If you would like instructions for the inside, I will be happy to email them to you. Otherwise, you and I would be in this post for a long time!

I've decided to enter my card at Hand Stamped Sentiments #343 for the inspirational colors and DSP.


Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy the hop. To continue hopping, just click on the "next" button to go to Karen Ksenzakovic  or click on the "previous" button to go to Leslie Larkin. Clicking on a name listed below will take you directly to that person's site. We have so many talented ladies on the Krew team and this is just a snippet for this month.
No photo description available.No photo description available.


26 comments:

  1. I love this card. The outside and inside are spectacular. I would love the directions for the fold for the inside. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny. I'd be happy to send you the instructions tomorrow afternoon. You will need to send me an email so I have your email address.

      Delete
  2. Sweet fun fold design! Love the tropical images! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this paper and the inside is so much fun!! I am so ready to go - great card!!😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fun fun card!! And - summer vacay in the old woody station wagon!! Yes, please!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hear them singing too! What a fun card and a super surprise inside. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card. Will you email the directions to me, please. I would appreciate it. Thanks ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. If you will send me an email, then I can send you back the instructions tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. This card is very interesting, may I please have the directions. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Directions have been sent via email. Thank you for your interest.

      Delete
  8. Karen, Karen, Karen! What can I say that hasn't been said? Love the nostalgic look of this card. I was impressed when I saw the front, then....the inside! WOW. Great job on this. I may try to figure it out, but if I can't I will be asking for the directions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Karen :) Such a fun design, I need to make one of these again. Love all the details

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Adventrue Awaits card. Would you please email me the instructions for the inside of the card. Thank you. Great job on the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't usually respond to "anonymous" comments because they are usually from spammers. I'd be happy to send you the instructions after you contact me by email floridafinkles@gmail.com.

      Delete
  11. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #263 “Summertime” LINKY challenge
    I love your card the folds are super and the retired oasis paper is so fun
    Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Diana, for leaving a comment on behalf of the challenge.

      Delete
  12. Awesome card, I would appreciate it very much to have the measurements for the inside of the card.
    Thank you so much in advance.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise. I would be happy to email them to you but I will need your email address.

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...