Saturday, June 23, 2018

Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature, Enjoy Life and Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits

My card today uses a sentiment from Enjoy Life. I made my own patterned paper with the stamps from Rooted in Nature. I have to give credit to Rachel Tessman for the pop up design. She used Nature's Poem DSP but I haven't ordered that yet.


There is no sentiment on the outside because it's here...


This card is so easy to make. Measurements and product list are below. The colors I used to make my own DSP were Gray Granite, So Saffron and Mint Macaron.

First you make your card base using Thick Whisper White. Cut your inside piece of DSP and adhere it. Using the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits and the Big Shot, cut out your detailed dragonfly in black and the plain dragonfly in vellum. Adhere them together. Because I used dies and there's lots of "white space", I'm entering my card at Happy Little Stampers June - Anything Goes With Dies and Happy Little Stampers June CAS Challenge.

Punch two sets of vellum leaves using the leaf punch. Adhere them to the outside piece of DSP. Adhere the DSP to the card front placing it 5/8" in from the left side. 

Take the classic label punch and position it where you want the dragonfly to be in the opening. The punch goes all the way in, you just have to determine the vertical placement. Move the punch down and punch just a little bit more at the bottom to accommodate the length of the dragonfly. Once you've punched the opening, lay your butterfly on top to be sure the length is correct. 

Pinch the wings together, put liquid glue on the bottom of its body and adhere to the inside through the opening. Make sure it's dry before you open and close the front. Once it's secure you can add bling or pearls to the top of his body.

When the card is closed the wings should be spread out. When you open it, the wings fold up by themselves. Stamp the sentiment where indicated. Now you're ready to mail it out!

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know if you have questions. C ya!

Measurements:

Card base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
DSP for inside: 5 1/4" x 4"
DSP for outside: 2" x 4" or 2" x 4 1/4" if you want it to go all the way to top and bottom of card front
Basic Black scrap for detailed dragonfly
Vellum scraps for plain dragonfly and leaves

Product List:

Leaf Punch
[144667]
$16.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Karen! The colors are just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The dragonfly is so pretty and I really like the monochromatic look of the card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I like your colors better than the ones in the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie...me too...but I was trying to stay humble :-)

      Delete
  4. Sorry for the late visit. Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with the HLS CAS Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...