Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Stampin' Up! Amazing You

Woo Hoo! I found challenges where I could use one of my favorite color combos, plus an easy sketch, and yet another for a theme. Take a look see...
For the color combo, I chose the first Tic Tac Toe challenge that Try Stampin' On Tuesday has offered. 

 
I chose the top line across: black, die cut, pink

For my sketch, I am linking my card to SIP Challenge 133 – Sketch!

The theme is from Shopping Our Stash #337 - Getting Sentimental. The sentiment had to be the focal point of the card.

My card base is Powder Pink. The strip was cut from the Petal Passion DSP and I sponged it with Powder Pink. I cut out a rose from that same package of DSP, using a die from the Stitched Shape Framelits. Then I sponged it and the edge with Powder Pink. I colored the rose with my Light and Dark Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blends and adhered it to where it looked like the stem was part of it.

With my Big Shot, I die cut the sentiment in Basic Black cardstock three times. I glued all three together and adhered it to the card front. The "celebrate" die is exclusive to the Sale-A-Bration promotion. You can find info on that if you'd like by clicking on the tab at the top.

I wanted to keep the card clean and simple but it still looked a little bleak so I added one tiny black rhinestone. Card front done!

For the inside, I stamped the sentiment from another Sale-A-Bration item, the Amazing You stamp set. Before I stamped it, I sponged the Whisper White mat with Powder Pink and stamped the ray of sunshine as well. Once I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black, I adhered the piece to a black mat, which in turn was adhered to the card base.



Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have some time to visit the above challenges.

Partial Product List:

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Karen! The clean design is perfect, love your flower too! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bold statement on your card-- I love the colors you chose as well! Thank you for sharing at SOS this week. Visit more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I do love pink and black together!! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you added that beautiful flower to compliment your bold sentiment, love the soft pink with the black, awesome combination.
    Thank you for playing with SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Karen! As much as I love the outside.. I also love the inside! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...