Sunday, December 3, 2017

Stampin' Up! Lovely as a Tree


This card was for my friend's birthday. My card base is Bermuda Bay, one of my friend's favorite colors... in addition to Early Espresso. It's a square card, which I don't usually make so I also had to make an envelope to match. Easy to do when you have the right tool.

The DSP is from Painted Autumn. I used a stamp from Lovely as a Tree and stamped it in Early Espresso on brown craft foam. The technique is on You Tube, called Faux Leather. I also used Stitched Shape Framelits and Layering Squares. The ribbons are Linen Thread for part of the bow and Bermuda Bay 1/8" Stitched Ribbon. Seeing how I used two bows, I've decided to join Craft-Dee Bowz for their December challenge.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! I will have to check out that tutorial, it really does look like leather! Love your colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Karen! I love the bow and your design is perfect. Love the faux leather technique too, off to go check out the video. :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...