Tuesday, June 20, 2017

TSOT and I Did!

If you've been following my blog, you know we are on the road traveling from FL to NY. Before we left, I knew I was going to have to make a card as Guest Designer for Try Stampin' - or not - on Tuesday. I brought two SU Paper Pumpkin kits with me,  just a few pieces of cardstock, and DSP from the new Stampin' Up In Colors 2017 - 2019. I brought one punch and the coordinating stamp set. I also packed my trimmer and scoring board. At the time we left, I didn't know what the sketch was because I didn't have time to look at Facebook or my email. If I had seen it, I would have embossed the cross piece with my Petal Burst TIEF.

When I saw the sketch from CherylAnn, I loved it immediately. We were staying at the Holiday Inn Express at Childress Vineyard and I suddenly became smarter as a Guest Designer. It's only funny if you know the ad! 
With the ample space for creating, I came up with this card. Hope you like it.

Cardstock used was Whisper White, Tranquil Tie, Fresh Fig and Lemon Lime Twist. The flowers and pearls are from the April 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit. The DSP panel is from the Color Theory paper stack. The sentiment is from Label Me Pretty, stamped in Fresh Fig, punched with the Pretty Label punch. I adhered it with dimensionals from the kit.  

This card will take extra postage because the flowers are quite thick and breakable. I am still hoping to hand deliver it but our vacation plans had to change. We're not sure if we are going to be able to go to the Finger Lakes to see my brother and sil. It's her birthday in July and I was hoping to give it to her.

It was such fun being given the opportunity to do this and I am very thankful for Paper Pumpkin coming to my rescue yet again!

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! Your card is perfect for the sketch - and staying at that Holiday Inn Express was a great plan! Cuz you knocked it out of the park! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...