Sunday, March 26, 2017

Thanks a Bunch

Tonight I made a card with Stamps-n-Lingers on Facebook. She did her video live and it was fun. She used a stamp set I didn't have, which involved carrots, and inks and cardstock that didn't go with my plan.

I chose different colors than she did because grapes are never orange! For my card base, I used Blackberry Bliss (retired), Old Olive for my first layer and Very Vanilla for my top layer (dry embossed with the Petal Burst folder). I die cut the grape wreaths with the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. I fussy cut the grape cluster from retired Farmer's Market DSP. The double bow is Old Olive baker's twine. I hand wrote my sentiment with a Versa Mark pen and heat embossed it with copper embossing powder. I cut the tails by hand and kind of made a mess of them...but I think it's a uniform mess! The inside of my card is stamped with a stamp from Tuscan Vineyard. 

and the card Mary made...watch her video on You Tube. 

Look at her bow... I'm not happy with mine so I think I might replace that. Is there a school for tying double bows? I am definitely bow challenged as I might have mentioned before!

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Karen - I love your version of this card! What a great way to use what you've got and yet still stay with the spirit of the card. Very well done, indeed! I'm so glad you were able to join me the other night!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...