Thursday, March 3, 2016

Masculine Cards

Over the past two months, I have tried to create and CASE masculine cards. It takes quite a bit of thought as most of my stamps are flowers, hearts, butterflies and flourishes. The first was CASE'd (Copy And Share Everything!) from Cynthia. I used Going Places DSP (Designer Series Paper), Hello Honey, Basic Black and Mossy Meadow cardstock. The sentiments are embossed in clear VersaMark using black embossing powder. I wanted to use an embossing folder on the Hello Honey but forgot so I used a stamp from Sheltering Tree.


This next card was done for a friend who likes to play mechanic and he does a great job fixing things. Believe me, he has had to fix a lot of things he, his wife, his son, or our son have broken! 

The next two cards were made for men, age specific, using the Number of Years bundle from SU. 






Another card using strips cut from Going Places DSP and The Sky's The Limit stamp set didn't turn out the way I had hoped, but I think it worked.


The Number stamp set, along with framelits, and Sky is the Limit are fantastic, versatile stamps. Check it out at my SU website (temporarily until I figure out how to do it from this blog!) The Sky is the Limit is no longer available through SU as it was a "freebie" if you purchased $50 worth of SU products. I'm glad I did it when I did! Just copy and paste the following in your browser, then click on Shop Now.

             www.karenskards.stampinup.net

This was my own creation, which could be for any beach lover. I used a cloud embossing folder, sponged the sky with marina mist. The fence posts were made using the hardwood background stamp, as was the kite. I finally found a use for my embroidery thread...kite tails...lol. I will be able to make thousands of kites!!

The next four were made using the Going Places DSP, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Basic Black and Smokey Slate cardstock.  The sentiments are from various SU stamp sets. 







I've made some cards I can't post yet because they haven't been sent, but I will after June. We have a graduate in June and a birthday boy too.

What do you think of not using hearts, flowers, butterflies or ribbon?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...