Sunday, December 15, 2019

Stampin' Up! Day Off

Good Sunday morning! I've been away on a mini vacation so I don't have a card for you. However, if you are a foodie or a beach lover, you will enjoy my post today.

Our stay in Sarasota was wonderful. We started out with lunch at the Boatyard Restaurant in Siesta Key. We saw four dolphins out in the bay, beautiful boats, and had an extremely delicious lunch and great service. I highly recommend going there. My daughter and I had the Florida Cobb Salad with a Roasted Lime Vinagrette.


It had lump crab meat, ample shrimp and the usual for a cobb salad. She opted for feta crumbles and I chose bleu cheese crumbles. My son-in-love had a black bean and rice bowl salad with grilled grouper. He also tried a coconut coffee porter and this is the can, aren't those eyes gorgeous?

We checked into the Lido Beach Resort and fell in love with it and the view. There were rocking chairs on the balcony and I can only imagine the view when it's sunny. We enjoyed the fog and mist.




We were on the sixth floor and waited til the sun set before going out to dinner...and what a dinner it was! We ate at the Crab and Fin at St. Armand's Circle. We didn't have reservations so they put us in the wine room...no problem for us! They both ordered appetizers and I forgot to take pics. However, I did not forget to take pics of their meals...


Gene shared a shrimp and piece of Alaskan King Crab with us. I am not a stone crab or snow crab fan, nor do I eat raw scallops or clams! I ordered steamed clams. Kerri had an array of raw oysters from different locations and she said they were all delicious except for one kind but she had no idea what it was without Googling the shape of the shell. 

Our server had the audacity to ask if we wanted dessert. They said, "No, thank you." I said, "No, not unless you have flourless chocolate cake." I wish you could have seen his face light up when he proudly announced that they did.

Three forks appeared with it! I'd be embarrassed to show you what we did to it :-) It was soooooo good!

This was our morning wake up call...

You can see the moon in this pic...

It was difficult to leave our beautiful suite but the traffic getting to the Sarasota National Cemetery for the Wreaths Across America event is horrendous. Exiting is even worse. We were stuck in an exit jam for 1.5 hours before we got to move! But it was all worth it to celebrate the lives of people who chose to serve their country and my guy was one of them. Thanks for letting me share with you and have a blessed day.





2 comments:

  1. So glad that you enjoyed your visit, it looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed hearing about your trip & your trip to the Fort. I also attended Wreaths across Anerica here inNE. Not much traffic here to get to Fort McPherson! It was very cold & snowing but the ceremony was beutiful& I wouldn't miss it. My sweet hubby is there just over a year now along with2 brothers & a sis in law. God bless our veterans!!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...