Thursday, November 2, 2017

Stampin' Up!

Today our card group celebrated my birthday  (a week early because we'll be in Disney). I made these Ham & Cheese Sammies and used the card makers as guinea pigs. It was a success! Great recipe.

They outdid themselves with their cards and I want to display them all here!

Carole T.

Sue M.

Meg L.

Dottie H.

Sue L.

Lynn M.

I made my favorite chocolate cake, which is also my former boss' favorite cake. Perry was craving that cake so it was a win win. Others wanted to make my birthday cake but hubby won out! Hubby also won out by getting a new exhaust on our 2015 Charger RT. I like the sound!

We will be celebrating all month cuz that's how I work my birthday! If I'm in my 70's, I can milk it for all it's worth!! Tomorrow we will go out for lobster at the Twisted Lobster. I get a free lobster dinner! Saturday our son is grilling ribs, Sunday who knows; Monday we leave for Disney and the Food & Wine Festival.

Oh, but this post is about cards, not my birthday or food. Here is one of the cards we made today. It's also about a challenge...Tic Tac Toe Challenge #022.


did the center across...circle, ribbon, friend. The circle and ribbon are obvious...but I made this with friends and a friend will receive this Christmas card!


This was a CASE of Libby Fens' (almost sounds like "friends"). I used Pool Party card stock for the base, Whisper White for the mat with embossed Softly Falling, sponged lightly with Pool Party ink. The circle is  a 2 1/2" punched circle with 3 Champagne Foil trees from the Card Front Builder Thinlits adhered. I ran a strip of Pool Party Ribbon across the bottom and adhered a hand cut swallowtail banner using the sentiment from Merry Patterns. Measurements in inches and supplies follow...and thanks for looking!

Pool Party card base: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Very Vanilla embossed mat: 4 x 5 1/4
Christmas Around the World: 2 1/2 circle
Ribbon: 7 1/2
Banner: 1/2 x 2 1/2

Product List

5 comments:

  1. Your Christmas card is just beautiful! I love the soft colors and the touch of sparkle. Fantastic cards from your card group too! Happy birthday a week early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is a gorgeous card, Karen! The falling snow is lovely with the Christmas trees! And - the sammies look waaaay too yummy (I'm pretty sure I gained a pound just looking at the picture!). Hope you have a wonderful birthday week with the Mouse! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I do love that Softly Falling TIEF. Perry at the left over sammies and liked them. The recipe is a keeper! I will say "hi" to Mickey for you.

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful cards! And Happy Birthday to you! Thanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...