Friday, April 7, 2017

Everything's Coming up Roses

The roses in our yard were the inspiration for my card today.
Yesterday at our card group, I made the card below. Not everyone chose to do this but I couldn't resist the flower. It was screaming "spring". I am entering it in the Splitcoaststampers "Think Spring Challenge".

The paper and cardstock was supplied by our hostess. I used my watercolor pencils of Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral and Old Olive to color the one flower. Carole had some retired Stampabilities so I used two of them for the background. I added Calypso Coral hearts and tried to do a border with my Calypso Coral marker after it was glued down. I won't do that again! I added the 3 clusters of dots on some of the white places.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Karen!! I love that you only lightly colored the one rose - very pretty design choice. Just lovely all around! :)

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...