Friday, January 12, 2018

Stampin' Up! Heart Happiness

My card for today is a Valentine themed one because of Inspire.Create.Challenges #009








If you've been following my blog for the past few days, you will notice that I am limiting my challenges to three a day: sketch, theme and color. I hope to continue that process as it is so much easier for me.

Here's my card for your viewing pleasure!


For my card base, I used Berry Burst and dry embossed it with the Falling Petals TIEF, which you can find in the Clearance Rack here. (It's a great buy, peeps!) 

I used the Layering Squares Framelits to die cut a Lemon Lime Twist mat and a Whisper White piece to create my own DSP! I used the cluster of hearts stamp from Hearts of Happiness and inked it up with the three challenge colors. 

On a piece of scrap Whisper White, I stamped three different hearts in the challenge colors and cut them using the Sweet & Sassy Framelits dies. I lined them up where I wanted them. Once I had them adhered to the card front, I lined up the square mat and adhered it with dimensionals. I had to be very precise in adhering it because I had an unwanted blob on my DSP! They say when you make a mistake, there is always a corrective solution. I turned the unwanted blob into an I! It was right in between two hearts so I added a "U" to the bottom Emerald Envy "side" heart.

For the inside, I used the Bloomin' Love stamp set and fussy cut the banner. I made a decorative strip with another heart from the Hearts of Happiness. Both of these stamp sets are wonderful, as are the matching dies. I just wish there were a banner die to go with the Bloomin' Love stamp BUT it's an easy fussy cut!

Thanks for stopping by! I have listed all products used below the measurements. If you don't have a demonstrator and would like to purchase any of these items to make this card, I would be happy to assist you!


Measurements:

Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (scored and folded at 4 1/4")
Inside Mat: 5 1/4" x 4"
Inside Bottom Strip: 5 1/4" x 1/2"

Products Used:


Falling Petals Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Falling Petals Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
[142761]
$8.50
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

6 comments:

  1. LOVE your colors and great idea to use hearts behind the main layer! Thanks so much for joining us at TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fun card - our colors make for a wonderful Valentine - who would have thought? All the little hearts are like little jewels! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's so pretty Karen! Love the layered hearts, perfect use of those colors! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I like the square panel with the little hearts scattered around...looks just like the embossed background! Great tie in! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun combination of both challenges. Love how you've lined up those hearts along the edge of the square. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for stopping by and leaving such nice comments! I am thrilled.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...