Sunday, May 28, 2017

Paper Pumpkin Alternative

I needed a masculine retirement card for a friend who has driven a school bus for children who have special needs. He was so kind and loving to them but also had to discipline them. He will be missed, I'm sure. Now he will have more time in the morning to have his doughnut and coffee!


The inspiration for my layout came from Dragonfly Journeys Gettin' Sketchy Challenge 93.

My card base is Sahara Sand. The mat is Early Espresso. The donut came from this month's Paper Pumpkin kit. I took the back side of the pink frosted donut, sponged it with Sahara Sand, stamped the sprinkles with Sahara Sand, Soft Suede and Early Espresso. I adhered the swirls in the kit to make it look more like a frosted donut. I cut up one of the bags and adhered it to the bottom. My sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla, cut the edges with pinking scissors and adhered it to an Early Espresso mat. I then adhered that to the card with dimensionals.

I hope he enjoys my card and his retirement.

Thanks for looking!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen! I just love this sweet treat card you created and your interpretation of my sketch for this challenge. I do appreciate your kind words very much and I hope you'll join me again :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys
    http://dragonflyjourneys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...