Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Cupcake

I needed to make my son-in-law's birthday card before we head north in June so my inspiration to do it today came from two Tuesday challenges. Here's my card...



... cooking, baking and making...who doesn't think of chocolate and cupcakes? Yum! 

My sketch is based on Tuesday Morning Sketches #403


I left the bow off because it's a masculine card! I noticed some of the DT cards had no bow so I knew I was safe.

All products are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted. The stamp sets I used are Lovely Amazing You (retired) for the outside sentiment and Sprinkles of Life for everything inside.

Ink colors I used are Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Daffodil Delight.

Papers I used are Kraft Corrugated cardstock (retired), Early Espresso, and Crumb Cake. The DSP is called Safari and I got it years ago at JoAnn's.

The scalloped oval and center piece were cut with the Layering Ovals framelits.

The dots are Neutral Enamel dots, which are no longer available.

Measurements: 8 1/2 x 11 scored at 4 1/4

Top panel: Mat 3 x 3 3/4; DSP 2 7/8 x 3 5/8

Bottom panels (2): Mat 2 x 1 7/8; DSP 1 7/8 x 1 3/4

I aimed for a 1/4" border all around the mats and in between. I think I got it, but I'm no mathematician! Now that I think about it, all I needed to do was cut an Early Espresso piece 4 x 5 1/4 for a solid mat and then adhere the cut DSP!! I have just proved to myself that I overthink things...lol.

Thanks for looking.



5 comments:

  1. What a nice card for your SIL!! He's going to love it! I love the front in particular. Great job with the textures and design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't be better than chocolate and cupcakes, Karen. A perfect combination for this weeks Theme Challenge for GDP. Thankyou for sharing your project in the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for your SIL! I love the papers and that awesome sentiment!
    Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful card and sentiment. Your use of the sketch is perfection. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card - love the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...