Sunday, March 29, 2020

Stampin' Up So Sentimental Tropical Oasis

It's another day of staying at home for me. I have not been out in public since March 18 and it has not bothered me. My son does grocery pick up once or twice a week otherwise he would go stir crazy. Our cat, Lord Chesterfield, has been assisting me in the card room.


Chester is not letting me get at my card kits until I put my Ornate Garden Suite away...lol.

My card today uses the Tropical Oasis Memories & More Pack, Tropical Oasis DSP and sentiments from the So Sentimental Stamp Set. This card took all of 5 minutes to create.



The art panel is from the Memories & More pack and I just cut it down to fit the front of a Whisper White card base, which is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I covered up the written "Mahalo" on it with a strip of DSP I had in my stash.

I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso directly on that strip. I had a Lovely Lipstick stamped Tropical Chic flower in my stash that had been cut with a die from Tropical Dies. I adhered that with mini dimensionals.

For the inside I used another piece of scrap DSP from my stash and stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso. I stamped another flower in Lovely Lipstick ink.


I think I'll be using it for a birthday card and I do like how it came together with that warm tropical feel. I'm pretty sure it'll be going to a woman. With those two thoughts in mind, I'll be playing at Dragonfly Dreams: Make It Feminine and The Paper Players: PP484 - Tic Tac Toe Challenge by Joanne. I have chosen to go straight down the right side.

Thank you for stopping by today and I'll see you tomorrow with a Monday Makeover.

Partial Product List

5 comments:

  1. This is a lovely tropical card! It makes me want to be somewhere sandy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. Unfortunately, I'm where it is sandy and warm but we aren't allowed on the beach. This too shall pass.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card and gorgeous colors!! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elizabeth, for leaving a comment on behalf of Dragonfly Dreams.

      Delete
  3. I love those Memories and More cards - they are perfect for a quick card and easy to dress up by adding extra flowers too! Thanks for playing Tic-Tac-Toe with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...