Monday, March 30, 2020

Stampin' Up! Birthday Card

Good Monday Makeover Morning! I am still cleaning up my work area and came upon this unused kit from a couple of years ago! Here is a photo of my card back then. You can go to that post by clicking on the photo. You'll find the product used and more details when you do that.

Since it's the 5th Monday of the month, Thing 1: Trouble Maker at Double Trouble #53 has her Free-for-All Challenge to have a little fun creating with "Some Thing, Any Thing and Every Thing". I don't know if Thing 3: Twisted Sister will let me get away with this, but I'll try. She wants the background to be created with scraps and/or small pieces of patterned paper or washi tape...not sure if my patterned paper is small enough.  Thing 2: Double Trouble has a "double dare" to link with a previous partner. So, I have chosen to use the design sketch #450 from Try Stampin' On Tuesday.


The trouble with posting old, leftover kits is that nothing is current usually. But, they are great for recreating a new card design. Here is what I did with it using retired Fresh Fig card stock that was in the kit. 

I didn't cut the retired DSP into strips today. I just left it whole for the front AND the inside. I dug out some retired Tutti-Fruitti Adhesive Sequins and placed 8 of them on the card. 

I wrapped the piece of ribbon around the DSP instead of bannerizing (a "Maryism") it. Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge 2013 has a theme for their 5th Monday of the month challenge and it just happens to be to use ribbon!

Here's a look at the inside...



The sentiment from Sending Thoughts (Sale-A-Bration stamp) is stamped in Rich Razzleberry on an Everyday Label punched tag that was hanging on my desk as well. I sponged the edges with ink. I intend to write a separate note in this one so I didn't feel the need to have any more white than that.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

14 comments:

  1. Fun designs! Great way to use up that pretty designer paper too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used something old to make something new! Both cards are lovely. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of this paper. Thanks for some new ideas on how to use it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some of this paper. Thanks for some ideas to use it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards...I believe I still have some of these papers in my vast hoard! Great way to use them up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun, Karen - what great ways to use some gorgeous DSP! Love your colors, purple is the BEST, lol. Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the selection of coordinating papers that you used - simply gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen - quite creative in meeting the requirements of both Double Trouble AND TSOT!!! Your background is definitely "handmade" using an embossing machine, and you turned the TSOT sketch on it's head! Thank you for joining both challenges this week, Karen, and showing us your creativity!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, Trouble Maker has accepted accepted your small leftover on your embossed background for Twisted Sister, what beautiful paper and love the inside of your card too...very pretty card. Thanks for sharing this with us and one of our previous partners, TSOT. Would love you to celebrate with us at our National Goof-Off Day and share a Chip Shape at http://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2020/03/fun-challenge-national-goof-off-day-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card - this is such a nice color for anytime of the year! Thank you so much for joining our Ribbon challenge at PIP Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty; love the ribbon treatment. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cards! I especially love the dry embossing and your use of scrap paper is perfect! Thanks for playing with us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty cards - I love the choice of papers - thanks for joining us at TSOT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card. I love that DSP. Thank you for sharing with Double Trouble challenge #53.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Birthday Card for Pammies' Inky Pinkies Challenge #2415

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... This week our sponsor is none other than Pammie herself!  She is offerin...