Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Stampin' Up! Serene Silhouettes Birthday Card

Welcome! It's technique Tuesday and I have three techniques for you today!

I used the retired Serene Silhouettes for my card today.


So, here's the first technique..."polished stone". This is how you do it...you'll need a glossy piece of paper 4" x 5 1/4", two cotton balls, rubbing alcohol and ink refills the colors of your choice. In this instance, my card base is Balmy Blue so I chose Pacific Point and Balmy Blue refills along with Frost White  Shimmer Paint. On one cotton ball I used the paint to dab on wherever I liked. With the second cotton ball, I saturated it with rubbing alcohol. I dropped one drop of Pacific Point and two drops of Balmy Blue ink refills onto the ball. When the paint was dry, I dabbed the blue ball on with a swishing motion rather than dabbing. You can do whatever you want!

I used a rectangle shaped die to cut a frame out of polished stone piece. Then I cut a piece of Pacific Point to fit inside the frame. 

My art panel is the second and third technique. I stamped the flowers and sentiment in VersaMark ink, sprinkled them with White Emboss Powder and heat set it with my heat tool.

The third technique was to put a piece of deco foil on the art panel and run it through my laminator. Oh, what fun that technique is! There are many videos out there for it but the one I found most valuable is this one! I love the sparkly look of the foil, which is difficult to capture more often than not. I am entering my card in the "Sparkle" challenge #147 at Always Fun.

After I looked at the picture, I realized how lop sided I adhered the panels. I guess having one eye operated on really didn't help my normal "just a tad off" problem. The card is not for sale so I won't worry about it. However, I will wait to make my next one after the other eye is done. At the moment, my vision is still quite blurry for close up work. Perhaps I'll label this style as asymmetrical...lol!

The inside sentiment is one of Carole's legacies.
I think I got this one straight!

Thank you for stopping by today and if you have any questions, ask away.

2 comments:

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...