Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Stampin' Up! Music from the Heart Sneak Peak Happy New Year!

It's hard to believe, I know. We are on the last day of 2019. So, let's welcome in the New Year...


My card base is Whisper White. I cut 7 circles of varying sizes using the Layering Circles Dies and some retired punches. They were cut out of a Gold Foil mat. I used that mat as a frame for a piece of retired Year of Cheer DSP. I punched a "burst" from that same DSP and adhered it with liquid glue to the largest gold circle. That circle was adhered with Dimensionals and then I adhered the remaining 6 circles.

The sentiment is from the retired Good Greetings Stamp Set. I stamped it in VersaMark and heat set it with Gold Emboss Powder. Then I punched it out with the Classic Label Punch. I adhered it to the circle with Mini Dimensionals.

Here comes the sneak peek... 


The stamped portion is from a stamp set that will be available to order January 3. It's inspired by Million Dollar Sales Achiever, Dawn Olchefske. She has made some beautiful cards with this set.  I love it and can't wait to create more cards with it and possibly even my own DSP! I'm hoping the recipient will get a kick out of my first staff! Now I wish I hadn't tossed scraps from a die cut that resembled a bass clef. I love her design for the treble clef.

I will never sell my Large Numbers Dies! I used them to cut out the 2020 from Gold Glimmer Paper.

The card is on its way and fortunately I remembered to photograph the inside before I mailed it.

I'm playing at Always Fun Challenges: Challenge #143 New Year; at Repeat Impressions The House that Stamps Built D2519 ATG; and at Tuesday Morning Sketches #535 Annual ATG.

Thank you for stopping by today and hope you'll be awake to see the ball drop. Our tradition is to listen to our own music with the TV on mute, have a cheers to the New Year with shrimp cocktail and a cocktail. It puts a song in our hearts...so much so that we stay up til 2 AM playing music trivia!! 





10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new year's eve celebration...I don't think that we'll make it until 2 AM...maybe 11:00. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - think of us at midnight - we'll probably be snoozing! Love this festive card and yes - that Music From the Heart stamp set is AMAZEBALLS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I can't wait to do more with it. I will definitely think of you and Wayne at midnight and how smart you were to go to bed at 9:30!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful New Years card. I'll be fast asleep by then! Thanks for joining us over at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laurie, for visiting on behalf of THTSB.

      Delete
  4. Perfect New Year's card! That paper looks just like fireworks! Thanks for playing with The House
    That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome new year's card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...