Saturday, December 21, 2019

Stampin' Up! Meets Joy Clair Jeep Beach Birthday

Good Saturday morning. I'm back with a card I needed for a birthday dinner last night. We ate a smoke house and their pulled pork was pretty good except a little too salty. Everyone else had baby back ribs.

This was perfect for our friend who lives not too far from us and she has a jeep and wears aviator sunglasses! Her jeep has a few more running lights but I'm not THAT creative!!




My card base is Calypso Coral 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2". I cut a Whisper White mat 4" x 5 1/4".

Using the masking technique, I sponged the sky with Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up too good in the photo.

Still using the same technique, I stamped the waves from the High Tide Stamp Set by stamping off once in Pacific Point ink. I sponged that area with Pool Party ink.

For the sand, I used the little grainy stamp with Crumb Cake ink. I sponged the remaining beach area with Sahara Sand ink.

The sentiment, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, is from the retired Well Scripted Stamp Set.

I stamped the jeep and sunglasses from Joy Clair's Good Vibes stamp set on scrap Whisper White in Tuxedo Black. Then I colored the jeep with Light and Dark Smoky Slate Blends, Light and Dark Pineapple Punch Blends and Light and Dark Basic Black Blends. I sponged the windshield in Pool Party. For the sunglasses, I sponged in Blackberry Bliss and Crushed Curry. I stamped the palm trees in Tuxedo Black. Both the jeep and sunglasses are fussy cut. I can't wait to get my Christmas present set up and running. It's the Brother SDX125E! Hopefully Santa will bring me a Light Box too.

Now, on to the inside of the card...



For the gift card side, I cut a piece of Brights DSP 4" x 1 3/8", used my Tear & Tape Adhesive on the sides and bottom to adhere it to the card base.

I took a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock, stamped the surfboard in Calypso Coral and sponged the mat so the white would not be so bright. The sentiment is a 1994 Hero Arts stamp that Carole had in her supplies. I punched one corner with the Detailed Trio punch.

I'm playing at Creative Knockouts #329 ATG. If you have a chance, check out the Design Team's cards. There's one card that fits me to a T...it's the one by Jessica. I also hope that Cute Card Thursday #613 thinks that my card is cute!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope to have a card ready for you tomorrow. 



5 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the ocean in the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy. SU did great with that stamp!

      Delete
  2. Fun way to give a gift card - and perfect for your jeep-driving, sunglasses-wearing friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative, love the gift card holder on the inside! Beautiful elements and love the layout! So glad you joined us at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...