Sunday, September 15, 2019

Stampin' Up! Star of Light Butterflies

Good morning! I'm back to my usual schedule of posting in the morning, I hope!

Today I used the retired Star of Light Stamp Set with some hand-colored butterflies for my card. The two smallest butterflies are punched with the Butterfly Duet punch and the large one is fussy cut from the retired Botanical Butterflies DSP. The sentiment is from the retired Picture Perfect Stamp Set. I'm playing again at The Card Concept #119 - Beautiful Butterflies but this time I'm using the Clean and Layered Style. 


I have been commissioned to create a butterfly card for a client so you will be seeing lots of butterflies this week. I am trying to achieve the colors in the photo she gave me but I'm not having too much success. I'm going to show you the photo and please leave me a comment if you have any ideas. I will be truly grateful.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to see you tomorrow morning!


10 comments:

  1. Karen-I love the first butterfly you've created by using the swirl from the Star of Light stamp set. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is beautiful! I love when you add that swirl to a butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your butterfly cards, especially the one with the swirl! What a wonderful example of how versatile a holiday stamp set can be. Gorgeous!
    You asked for comments with suggestions to get closer to the provided photo. I was just wondering if you could use the color lifter blend to create the lighter, kind of white, areas on the butterflies? However, your butterflies are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the design! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the use of the stamp sets along with the DSP and I think your butterflies are perfect for the client's request! Hugs and thanks for joining us at The Card Concept- we hope you can play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...