Friday, August 9, 2019

Stampin' Up! Floral Phrases Thank You Card

This morning was my next to last visit to the chiropractor so I didn't get to post when I usually do. It's amazing how last week it was a chore to walk and today I'm pretty much pain free.

Yesterday our card group met at Edie's for a delicious lunch and to make beautiful cards. Meg brought three card samples for us to make and Edie had one. We are all very flexible when it comes to helping each other with food or cards.

Here's the one I'd like to enter in the challenge at As You See It

Not only is it a purple challenge, it's a speed challenge...I love those! It took me 4 minutes to make this card!!


So to carry on with the speed theme, I'm just going to bullet list the steps and measurements! A partial list of product used is at the end of my post. Although the Floral Phrases stamp set and this particular DSP are retired, you can order similar DSP and perhaps have luck finding the stamp set for sale. 
  • 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Purple Posy card stock, fold and score at 4 1/4" 
  • Cut off 1 1/2" strip from bottom
  • Cut 5 1/4" x 2 1/2" strip of Highland Heather Gingham Designer Series Paper (retired)
  • Adhere to top of card base
  • Stamp flower image on front top left in Highland Heather ink
  • Die cut Purple Posy Thank You 
  • Put liquid glue on "Thank" part; adhere to right side 
  • Cut Whisper White mat 5 1/4" x 4" 
  • Stamp flower image in Highland Heather upside down on bottom right
  • Stamp sentiment in same color ink on the left
  • Adhere to inside card base.

I hope you enjoyed my card and that you'll be back to visit tomorrow.


Product List

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Karen. 4 minutes is a new speed record, I think! You must have been moving like a blur! Floral Phrases was such a great set - I'm not parting with mine. Thanks for joining in with us again at As You See It. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. I know, 4 minutes makes for a good assembly line card. I only had to work with two stamps, one die cut and a cut for the DSP. I probably should have mentioned the card base was pre-made, except for the cut off piece.

      Delete
  2. Wowza!! This is very pretty and I am amazed at your speedy stamping! Of course, you had me at the gingham!! Cool fold, too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne. When you have everything right in front of you, it's easy to make it quickly.

      Delete
  3. Lovely card, Karen, and I, too, am amazed at your speed, probably because I am such a snail when it comes to speed challenges! I love your layout. Anyway, thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you have everything sitting in front of you ready to go, it's easy. I love speed challenges and recycle challenges the most. However, making a card that quickly takes the fun out it! Thank you so much, Heather, for leaving a comments.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...