Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Stampin' Up! Sail Away Stamp Set

Welcome to Wednesday! Today I brought out my Stampin' Up! Sail Away stamp set (I really hadn't put it away!) and my Beautiful Promenade stamp set (available now and carrying over, thank goodness!). 

Along with that I used the Come Sail Away DSP and more stamps from the Sail Away set. These products will be available June 4, 2019, in the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog.


This could be for a man, but there are lots of women who love to sail so I may use it for one who is really going through a difficult time in her life at the moment. But for now, it remains masculine for the challenge at Creative Friday #230 For a Man/Boy

This was so easy to put together. The DSP and card stock did most of the work. In Balmy Blue, I stamped the smaller boat on a scrap of Whisper White. I stamped the sentiment from Beautiful Promenade in Night of Navy. I used the Story Label punch (available June 4) to cut it out and adhered it with dimensionals.

I'll let you in on a little secret...the inside was supposed to be the outside! Thanks to one of my teammates, Karen Ksenzakovic, for the layout of the pieces! I will try to make it according to her instructions again. For some reason, I had a gap in the middle of my card, but she didn't. I must have measured incorrectly. It's a good excuse to make another card! This is quickly becoming my favorite stamp set.


BUT my pieces were a little too big and the mat would have covered most of that handsome DSP! I am happy to send you the measurements if you leave a comment with your email address. OR you can look at my profile and find my email address there to send a request.

I found a new challenge site. Thank goodness for Google Translate. 2 Sisters on the blog #27 has a beautiful denim mood board.

I hope you enjoyed my card and please do come back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.


12 comments:

  1. Inside, outside, it's all good!! I love how you stamped the sentiment over the image, that's one of my favorite things to do! This set and DSP are pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Karen! The colors and designer paper are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice card. Thank you for sharing it and that you beacme a follower.
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicolette. It was my pleasure to follow your creative blog.

      Delete
  4. Nice card with the jeansblue!
    And thank you for following our blog! So nice you've found us!
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card!Thanks for joining us at creative friday

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...