Monday, May 27, 2019

Memorial Day

Good morning my peeps. I hope you are enjoying your three-day weekend in remembrance of those who gave their lives to keep our freedom. Although my husband and my father-in-law did not lose their lives in battle, they still remained loyal to our country and continued to serve people in other areas such as the fire company, ambulance squad, church, Elks, VFW and American Legion.

The community where Perry and I lived most of our married life always has a parade. Along the route, banners have been hung  in memory of those who served in the military. We had two made and I wanted to share with you one of Perry and one of his father. Two great men whom I miss immensely.



Have a beautiful day wherever you are, even if the weather is not bright and sunny like in these pics and remember to remember! My friend and teammate, Julie, has a wonderful post about today and it's worth your clicking on the link here.

I'll be back later with my card for today. Hope you'll join me. 


8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is wonderful! What a bittersweet reminder of two heroic men! You should be proud of them for sure! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I'll be able to see them next year...the banners, that is :-) unless the Lord has other plans for me!

      Delete
  2. Great men deserve to be remembered. Thanks for this post, and thank you for the link to mine. Perhaps someone will read and realize the sacrifices made by those such as the 2 Perry Finkles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this wonderful post, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! Love these banners you had made and they are such an amazing way to showcase their service. It looks like it was a beautiful day for a parade too :)

    Jeannie T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a pleasant surprise to see your comment...thank you! These were taken by a friend on her morning walk. I have another one that was taken for the parade. I'll have to see where that will fit into a post...it was sunny that day too :-)

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...