Monday, March 25, 2019

Stampin' Up! Thoughts and Prayers

Today is not only Monday Makeover Madness, but it's the second sympathy card that I sold over the weekend. I made my card at Sue M.'s house last Thursday with our card group. Here is the card by Marisa in its original form...

Sympathy

and here is my card.


Mine was supposed to look like Marisa's (and Sue's) BUT, I had the sentiment stamped in the wrong spot so I couldn't use the scalloped edged die. Now that I'm looking at it, I could have re-cut another scallop and adhere the circle that I cut from a smaller circle die. Oh, well...but the scallops really make the card, don't you think? I do love the dotted swiss embossing folder (Darice).

Sue gave us a neat tip on how to thread the ribbon through the button. Use one of those dental floss threads that are needed for flossing a bridge! It worked perfectly.

The stamp set we used for the front is the retired Thoughts and Prayers. Colors used are Pear Pizzazz and Calypso Coral.

The inside sentiment is great as I love the font but I don't know who the manufacturer is.




Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a marvelous last March Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! I am just reminded that I need a sympathy card too. I love this set, it's a great one for these occasions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I will never part with this set!

      Delete
  2. I love this card. I would like to buy the Praying for friends stamp.
    Can you help me? I send cards to ladies in Sunday School and this
    is so beautiful. My email: helenegrace75@gmail.com Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...