Sunday, January 13, 2019

Stampin' Up! Healing Hugs Meets Lasting Lily

Good Sunday morning, peeps. Are you getting tired of seeing this stamp set? I'm not tired of using it yet so hang in there with me! I thought I was going to create it in Daffodil Delight, but Fab Friday led me in another direction! I hope you'll get a chance to visit their site. The design team created some marvelous cards.

In the meantime, here's what I created for their challenge. 

I was inspired by Jackie Bolhuis' and Liza Handerhan.

My card base is Whisper White. I cut a piece of Mint Macaron the same size as the card front. I cut the oval out with the Layering Oval dies using the largest one in the set. Then I ran the panel through my Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks DTIEF.

I laid the panel in my Stamparatus and arranged all my stamps to fit inside the oval according to my liking. I removed the panel and placed a piece of Whisper White the same size as the card front in the same location. 

With my Lemon Lime Twist Stampin' Write Marker, I colored the spadix in each spathe. (Say that ten times fast!) and stamped. Then I used a sponge dauber to color the spathes in Highland Heather and the stems/leaves in Pear Pizzazz. I trimmed the panel an 1/8" on each side. I then adhered the Mint Macaron front to the art panel with mini Dimensionals and glued the whole thing to the card front.

I used the Petals and More Thinlits to cut the Tranquil Tide filigree (2 times). I glued the two pieces together to put behind my sentiment. I used  Tranquil Tide ink to stamp the sentiment from Healing Hugs. I used one of the dies from Petals and More to cut it out and adhered it with Dimensionals.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you'll come back tomorrow...I promise it won't be another lily...it's even better!





5 comments:

  1. So pretty, Karen - love this paired with that sentiment and "banner" - lovely! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather. So glad I had the opportunity to play.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Love that lily stamp and you used it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Those lillies are so elegant! I like how you did the oval stamping and the diecut backing of the sentiment is perfectly elegant to go with the flowers. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...