Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Stampin' Up! Botanical Butterfly

As most of you know, I am not a CAS card maker (Clean and Simple), but today I'm making an exception because I really liked the sketch at CAS Challenge #305 - Sketch
I am an asymmetrical kind of person so here is my card for you today. 

It went together in no time at all. I just used the black and white DSP from the free Botanical Butterfly package, colored it with Fresh Fig and Petal Pink, punched it out with the Butterfly Duet Punch and added 3 tiny faceted dots. I cut a 3" x 3" square from another sheet in that DSP package, cut a 2" x 2" square from Floral Romance DSP and put it all together as shown. Because my glue dots showed through the vellum paper, I adhered faceted dots and a piece of ombre ribbon. My card base is Mossy Meadow.

Today we went to the Sarasota National Cemetery. Perry's plaque was on our niche and here's a pic.

We went to lunch at Pop's Sunset Grill in Nokomis. This was our view and some of our food.



The food was absolutely delicious. Gene had a wood fired salmon BLT. The french fries were done perfectly. Drue had a Grouper reuben. I had black beans and rice with a side salad of edamame/garbanzo/red beans and corn.

Image may contain: food

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our Thursday Happy Inkin' Krew blog hop.


4 comments:

  1. Pretty card Karen. Love your volume overlay. So happy you decided to join us this week at CC&S! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Samantha It was my pleasure to play at CC & S.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...