Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Stampin' Up! Stitched Labels Meets Sitting Here

Good morning peeps, hope you had a wonder-filled Christmas. Ours was different without Perry and we lost our 9 year old fur baby unexpectedly on December 22. Tini (short for Martini) had never been sick a day in her life and it was her first and last trip to the veterinary hospital. When we took her in they did blood work and found she had a thyroid problem, diabetes and she was dehydrated. The doctor called at 3 AM to say her heart was giving out. She loved her Grampa and I'm sure her heart was broken not knowing where he went. BUT, we also had installed a Glade Air Freshener next to her litter box while Perry was confined to the hospital bed. My son and I have read all kinds of articles about the air fresheners. They are REALLY bad for cats...especially the pine ones...so we learned a lesson too late. There are no more air fresheners for us. But another polydactyl Tuxedo kitty...possibly!


On to my card...there is a person in my life (one of several) who was there for me 24/7 if I needed her so I made this card for her. I entered it at Sunday Stamps challenge SSC #194 Getting Sketchy. It's a great sketch, Heather, thank you. 



is where I am also playing.


My card base is Blackberry Bliss with mats of Crushed Curry. I used DSP from Country Lane for the art panels. The sentiment is stamped in Crushed Curry on a scrap of Whisper White and punched with the Everyday Label punch. It is from the Sitting Here stamp set. I adhered it to the Blackberry Bliss Stitched Label Framelit with Dimensionals and adhered the die cut to the front also with Dimensionals. The twine is from the Nature's Twine group. I had to cheat on that because I forgot to wrap it around the panel and mat before I glued it to the card front...glue dots really came in handy for that! The Faceted Dots broke up the whiteness of the sentiment panel.

Be sure to return tomorrow as it will be our Thursday blog hop...you don't want to miss it!

Measurements:

Base: 4 1/4" x 11"
Crushed Curry Mats: 4" x 5 1/4"; 1 3/4" x 4 7/8"
Blackberry Bliss DSP: 3 /8" x 5 1/8"
Flowery DSP: 1 5/8" x 4 3/4"
Twine: 16"

Partial Product List:

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you've pulled together these papers and embellies so beautifully - great combo! So sorry to hear of your loss, thanks for sharing that. And thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry about Tini, Karen - thank you for telling us about air freshners! :( Who would have even thought? Your card is gorgeous - love those framelits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your kitty. :( But good to know about the air fresheners. Pretty card, love the layering. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamp, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely card, Karen. The recipient will love it.
    Thanks for sharing about the air freshener...personally, I think we all use too much of everything to our own detriment. I am just as guilty as the next person, but I try to be conservative and do with less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Blackberry Bliss and Crushed Curry together! Great combo along with your very pretty card your friend will just love! Sorry to hear about kitty....Thanks for joining us at SUNDAY STAMPS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Melissa. It was my pleasure to join SS.

      Delete
  6. Very sorry to read about losing your beloved pet. What a beautiful card you created for your friend. Thanks for taking the time tojoining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.
    Dawn ~DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dawn. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  7. Lovely card, Karen! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...