Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Stampin' Up! Country Home

It has been difficult for me again to be in the card room but today I forced myself to make this card. I was inspired by Liza Handerhan, who lives not too far from me!


My card base is Berry Burst. I started out with Blackberry Bliss and then Rich Razzleberry but the Berry won out. I cut a mat from Country Lane DSP, a mat of Mint Macaron and stamped my image from Country Home on a piece of Whisper White. I used Basic Gray to stamp it and also did a little color wash for a shadow of sorts.

The milk can is colored with my light and dark Basic Gray Blends. I colored the leaves with Old Olive and Call Me Clover light Blends. I used my Light and Dark Rich Razzleberry Blends to color some flowers and berries. The artichoke looking flower is Light Mint Macaron Blend and the cattails are Light and Dark Soft Suede. I didn't know what two of the flowers/leaves were so I colored them with my Light Petal Pink Blend. I sponged around the edge with Rich Razzleberry. Coloring and sponging really relax me. The bow is Fresh Fig. I love how most of the SU colors blend so easily together.

The inside is plain and simple. The corners are punched with the Detailed Trio punch. The sentiment is from Kindness and Compassion, stamped in Mint Macaron. I'm not sure if the loops of the "p" and "r" in "Expression" is supposed to have ink in it, but I can't seem to get it to stamp without that. If you have this set and you know it's not supposed to be that way, will you let me know in a comment and then I'll contact SU.


I have a number of cards to make like this so I'll get my Stamparatus out to help with an assembly line. But before I do, I would like to ask you what I can do to make the milk can more appealing. Thank you in advance for your help!

So glad you stopped by and remember tomorrow is our Thursday blog hop...you don't want to miss it!


2 comments:

  1. Pretty card. Your coloring is lovely.
    Colors you used are along the same lines I used for the hop, which I guess I am not doing. My apologies to you and the rest of the Krew. I have no idea what happened to my link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty framing around your flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...