Sunday, December 16, 2018

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Gala meets Lily Pad Lake

Unfortunately, I needed a sympathy card this week. Our Godson's Nana passed away after a long struggle. His mother loves butterflies and they will be taking a boat ride to scatter Nana's ashes. So, I thought it fitting to use the upcoming Butterfly Gala bundle (available January 3) and the current Lily Pad Lake stamp set to create my card for the family.


The inspiration for my design came from the challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch #301


My corner pieces are cut from patterned paper I purchased at Michael's when I first started making cards. The embossed vellum was embossed with a retired TIEF called Flittering. The enamel dots are retired Calypso Coral to match the Calypso Coral card base. The mat is Coastal Cabana.

I stamped the two butterflies from Butterfly Gala with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, colored them with my Stampin' Write Markers and Blends. Then I punched them out with the punch from the Butterfly Gala bundle. The sentiment is from the Lily Pad Lake stamp set.


The inside is stamped using the Lily Pad Lake set. The colors I used are Coastal Cabana, Balmy Blue, So Saffron and Tuxedo Black. 

The Wreaths Across America ceremony yesterday was very touching. The plaque for Perry's niche had not been done yet but will be in another month. The entire ceremony was very well organized. My son and I went and next year, I hope to have my daughter in Florida so she can attend. My photos didn't turn out so great, but here is a link to the Photo Gallery that the cemetery has created Sarasota National Cemetery Wreaths Across America. Thought you would like to see the weather we enjoyed after the ceremony. 



Thank you for stopping by today.



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you and your son were able to go to the wreath ceremony. Hopefully your daughter can attend next year too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - perfect for the need. Loved seeing the ceremony pictures and that you were able to attend such a moving - and fitting! - event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful combination of elements for this sweet card. Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...