Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Stampin' Up! Waterfront

I didn't deliver as promised yesterday, but I know you'll be forgiving and I thank you for it. Tini is my alarm clock for giving Perry his 6 AM meds. I usually have a cup of coffee after I get him all set up but today I decided to post first. 

This card uses the "black ice" technique and it's my first attempt. If you would like instructions, just leave a comment. There are many You Tube videos out there that will show you how.

I used the Waterfront stamp set, copper foil, Sunshine Wishes dies and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I've decided to play at Global Design Project - 163 - Theme Challenge this morning.

This year is Stampin' Up!'s 30th anniversary and I would like to congratulate them. This coming weekend is what they call OnStage in Orlando. It would have been my first time to attend but, alas, it was not in the stars. However, I have many team members/friends who will be attending and I know they'll post lots of pics that will make me feel like I'm there.

I'm also playing at TSOT, going diagonally with foil, trees and stamping.


Thank you for stopping by today and I'll see you on November 13. I do not have time to make any cards unless something changes. So, mark your calendars to return for our Inkin' Krew Blog Hop. I so appreciate my followers and commenters. Til we meet again, keep stamping, live life and go have that cup of coffee!


13 comments:

  1. That's how I am enjoying On Stage too...vicariously through others! Your card is really heart-warming, even if the technique is called Black Ice!!! We will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. Perry had a little rally this morning so I'm able to reply to comments but that's about it!

      Delete
  2. I liked this card so much a pinned it. SU waterfront is one of my favorite stamp sets and I love how you used it. thanks for the inspiration and joining us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - love that background! Your scene is so lovely with the metallic accents - very sophisticated! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your background and the wonderful Waterfront trees! I hope this week goes okay in your life, my friend. You know I'm thinking about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Mary...I am thinking about you too!

      Delete
  5. Pretty card! So sad that you're missing the event. We'll definitely miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You hit all the marks with your Tic-Tac-Tuesday challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenge entry, Karen! I haven't tried the "black ice" technique yet, so you have inspired me! Holiday cards are the perfect theme to use this technique. So sorry to hear you won't make OnStage this year, our thoughts are with you. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at TSOT! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Donna. There will be another opportunity I hope.

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried the black ice technique yet but I really need to...one of these days I'll get to it. Love this card, would be perfect for a masculine receiver. Sometimes those are hard to come up with. You did a great job. Thanks for joining us at TSOT, please come again :0)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...