Thursday, September 27, 2018

Stampin' Up! Timeless Tidings Waterfront

Know what today is? It's my 49th wedding anniversary with Perry! BUT it's also the



I didn't think I was going to be able to play but then I looked at the supplies I brought with me and saw that I had current ones which I could use for our sketch challenge today...woo hoo. Here's the sketch...
Image may contain: text
and because it's Anything Goes at Addicted to Stamps and More #311....here's my card...

Got a minute so I can tell you how I made it? Good! I started with a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock. Adhered a piece of cardstock from the Timeless Tidings Project kit. I cut a piece of Whisper White and used my Stamparatus to stamp 4 images along with the sentiment from Waterfront. My palm tree tops are Mossy Meadow, trunks are Early Espresso, the water is Pacific Point stamped off once, the sand is Soft Suede stamped off once, and the sentiment is Soft Suede full strength. I then adhered that to the base and mat. So that the top was not so plain, I made a Billie Moan/Mary Deatherage bow out of linen thread...and then a regular bow out of Mossy Meadow cotton twine from the Festive Farmhouse set.  I struggle so with the linen bow no matter how many times I watch Mary's video! I added one of the biggest pearl from the Basic Pearl Jewels.

For the inside on the bottom, I adhered a scrap left over from the mat. I used another stamp from the Waterfront set for the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink.

See, I told you it would only take a minute. Now, I hope you can take a few minutes to hop through the rest of the cards that were made using this sketch. Clicking on the next button will take you to the ever-so-talented Julie Johnston. Clicking on any name below will take you to another talented team member.


Karen Finkle - you are here!
Julie Johnston

If you need any measurements, just let me know. I didn't keep track but I can measure it before it gets mailed.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. LOL! I have a bow! ;) Beautiful card, Karen! Love the simple clean design! :) Happy Happy Anniversary to you and Perry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary. I have finally gotten around to reading and replying to comments tonight!

      Delete
  2. How pretty, love your clean design. The colors are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Karen, this is lovely. Great colors and there is NOTHING wrong with your bow! Enjoy your day together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I like the simplicity, it is so calming and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done, and your bow turned out just fine!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, like Julie, are too kind Shelagh...thank you.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous card,great colors and fab design...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
    Ċ½eljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment on behalf of ATSM.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...