Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Stampin' Up! Graceful Glass

My card for today is brought to you by the DSP I brought with me plus the Chicken Wire Elements that I just ordered. It will be available September 5 in the Holiday catalog.

My inspiration came from two challenges:



and



I used the Blender Pen I brought with me and the Hampton Art ink spots I bought at Wal-Mart the other day because I was bored with using just Basic Black!


It would have been great if I had spray adhesive to glue that chicken wire to the card base. I used four different ink spots and Hampton Art did not have color names on the spots. The "divided" part is the "jig jag" from the edge of the chicken wire element.

Last night we went to dinner with our daughter, son-in-love, and Perry's sister at the Cock n Bull. Here are some pics of the inside and two of our meals.








Perry likes his steak so that it still moos! The lobster was excellent, as was the quinoa/rice pilaf salad and the squash medley. It was another fun evening.

Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. Karen your card is great love the chicken wire effect. Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps. Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment on behalf of Archiscraps, Barb.

      Delete
  2. Love your card...I just got some of that chicken wire stuff and it is fun! I agree, spray adhesive would be helpful! Your meal and the ambiance of the restaurant is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, the chicken wire is spectacular against the black base. What a pretty mood board to work with too and the resultant pops of colour work well on the card. Thanks for joining in with us again at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicken wire element behind the stained glass is a really interesting effect! And I like the combination of colour. How resourceful to use that "jig jag" edge for the divided element, too! Thanks for joining us at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on your card, and it looks like you had a very fun day! Thanks for being inspired by Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment.

      Delete
  6. Interesting technique. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...