Saturday, July 7, 2018

Stampin' Up! Timeless Textures and Waterfront

Global Design Project 145 | Color Challenge - #GDP145


is my playground for today's card. I don't know who on the Design Team picked the colors, but I love them! Here you go...


My friend and upline, Mary Deatherage, showed her fans how to make this fold last night. You can see her card and video here. Thank you, Mary...I hope I did you proud!

I created my own "designer series paper", a/k/a patterned paper,  using a piece of Mint Macaron card stock and every stamp from the Timeless Textures set...there are nine of them peeps, 9! I stamped with Mint Macaron ink for a tone-on-tone effect. Then I cut it into two 3 3/4" x 2 1/4" pieces and one 3 3/4" x 5" piece. 

My card base is Grapefruit Grove, 4 1/4" x 11", folded and scored at 5 1/2". 

This fold is called the Double Easel fold. For the easel part, I cut a piece of Fresh Fig 4" x 10 1/4" and scored it at 2 1/2" and 5". I adhered the DSP pieces where appropriate.

I ran a piece of Grapefruit Grove Nature's Twine around the top of the easel and fastened it on the back with tape. I made a bow with both that color and the Mint Macaron twine. I adhered that with a glue dot.

For the tree, I used the Nature's Roots Framelits to cut out the oak tree. I stamped the sentiment from the Waterfront stamp set in Fresh Fig. Then I ran it through My Big Shot with the Petal Burst TIEF. I adhered the bottom half of the tree to the easel bottom.

Guess how many dimensionals I used to adhere the easel part to the card base? YES, ding ding ding...9!! NOT 27!!! (That's an inside joke!)

Here is a side view...


and it folds up flat to fit in an A2 envelope.



I didn't cut mats for the inside of the card but just stamped another sentiment from Waterfront..."& the hard times easier".

Thank you for stopping by today.

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

6 comments:

  1. Such a neat fun fold! I need to make one of those too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing yours. I'm going to try another with different colors and DSP.

      Delete
  2. You sure did! Love the tree die cut for the front piece - very clever design touch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, great easel card and wonderful use of the colors in our challenge. I am so glad you like this color combo, I will let Louise know! Thanks for joining us this week at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...