Friday, July 13, 2018

Stampin' Up! Layering Alphabet Edgelits Dies

Tomorrow we have a birthday party to attend for a very special boy. Our Godson became a 5th grader this week AND he has gone into the double digits...he turns 10 in a couple of days.

It was fitting to make his card special and I'm pleased with the way it turned out for my first attempt at using these dies. There are a couple of things I would do differently, however. I'm also open to suggestions from my blog reading peeps!


His name is Kelen but, unless you know, I think "keen" kind of sticks out. Perhaps if I hadn't used patterned paper, it would have made a difference. These dies are very intimidating and I learned the hard way that I couldn't use the paper I cut at 4" x 5 1/4"...it needs to be 3" x 4 1/4". I was able to recut  the five pieces I had already cut the wrong size. You can buy the dies as part of a bundle or you can order them separately. A bundle will save you 10% on the stamp set and dies. I hope I don't kick myself for not getting the stamp set!


I used my retired Large Number Framelits for the "10". The top sentiment is from the Peaceful Place stamp set and the bottom is from Beautiful Bouquet. I really do like the Blueberry Bushel and the Lovely Lipstick inks stamped on Whisper White card stock.

All DSP used is the In Color 2018-2020 stack and the card base is Blueberry Bushel. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

2 comments:

  1. Cute design! Perfect colors too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. Glad you could stop by to leave a comment on your busy schedule.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...