Friday, July 27, 2018

Card with a Twist!

My card today has nothing to do with Stampin' Up! It has to do with a good friend who drew out the template for me and gave it to me at lunch the other day. We ate at a Greek restaurant and I had wonderful Dolmades, the best I've ever eaten. 

Afterward we went to a little craft store and I bought the stick-on words that I love. I got them in every color there was: black, copper, gold, silver and white! Carole bought her favorite paper, Graphic 45. 

Now, on with my card...it's called a "pop up book card". Here's what it looks like on the outside...normal A2 card. At Just Add Ink #419...Just Add A "Twist", you will see my twist.

and the inside from above...the twist is it's 3D inside!


the inside from the side...



the inside looking straight on...


If you are interested in making a card like this, just follow the instructions here. Thank you, Just Add Ink, for this delightful twist challenge. I'm grateful you didn't ask me to do the Twist...Chubby Checker I am not...chubby...maybe!

Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you tomorrow. If you have any questions about the paper I used, ask away!

16 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Karen! I like the inside surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna. My friend just received it in the mail today so I'm glad I didn't post haste!

      Delete
  2. Neat card, Karen! Will be fun to try this out. Thanks for sharing! Im old enough to remember when Chubby Checker debuted the Twist on Bandstand. Glad to know he's still remembered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the old music and performers. Let me know if you make it.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! Think I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is easy. Let me know if you do try it.

      Delete
  4. Very cool fun fold! Love the lacy DSP overlay. Pretty colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your twist being on the inside of the card great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun way to surprise the receiver of this card. It's a great fancy fold card. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun fold Karen and that dsp is is really lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love a pop up book card and this is a very pretty one with the floral paper. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.
    Di

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...