Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Stampin' Up! Belated Birthday

Good morning! Yesterday my eyes were blurry all day so I made a very simple card using mostly retired products, except for the inside stamps. I missed our pastor's birthday last week so I decided to give my rotary stamp one last fling and then mailed it to my little pen pals in Maine. I'm going to enter this in WWC165 - Tenia's "All About Occasions" Challenge because a belated birthday wish is an occasion...not the best kind...but still a birthday!



My card base is 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2" using Whisper White card stock.

I cut a piece of Whisper White 4" x 5 1/4" and stamped the blobs from the retired Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. I used Tangelo Twist and Hello Honey retired inks. I had strips of retired paper in my stash so that's two less items in my stash. I couldn't believe I even saved them! One is DSP from Good Morning Sunshine that I got as a dual pack sampler back in 2011! The other is Hello Honey. 

For the inside, I used a mat of the Good Morning Sunshine DSP. Yes, I had two 6 x 6 pieces left, along with the strip!


I inked up my Bird Banter set and stamped the sentiments on a 3 3/4" x 5" mat of Whisper White. Using my retired Tangelo Twist Stampin' Write marker, I crossed out the "me" because my husband never remembered either! I stamped the birds in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them with my watercolor pencils. I used my blender pen to blend the color. 

I hope you'll visit tomorrow when I will have a card using something that will soon be retiring. I have never even inked it up!! I have 32 stamp sets that are retiring and it makes me sad. BUT, as a demonstrator, I get to see the new Annual Catalog online and it is a beauty! I love what Stampin' Up! is doing with their colors for the upcoming year too.

Thank you for stopping by!





15 comments:

  1. LOL, this is really cute! I love that little splat on the front, as well as your clever sentiments! He will get a chuckle out of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great belated birthday card. Love the inside as much as the outside. I like how you crossed off the me and went to "us", I've often wondered if I was the only one that ever did that. Cute. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday "All About Occasions" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Penny, for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  3. How cute! Love the colors, perfect sentiment for the late birthday card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! It is so cute, your pastor won't mind that it is belated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better late than never, Karen. I love the card, especially those adorable birds inside. I'm sure your pastor will be thrilled that you remembered...so many don't. Great idea changing the me to an us in that perfect sentiment. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure to join your challenge and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. So cute! Love the watercolor-y splatters on the front - and the inside sentiment is perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best belated birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kath, and I saw today that it was picked by Gail as a winner...thank you!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...