Friday, March 2, 2018

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics

Happy Friday peeps! Thanks for stopping by.

This morning LeAnne made a beautiful card for As You See it. You can see it here. She inspired (as well as encouraged) me to make a card for Challenge #170 - Bits and Pieces.



I rotated the sketch and also chose my colors from Just Add Ink #398..."Colour"


For my card I used the Butterfly Basics stamp set and Papillon Potpourri set (retired), along with the retired Bitty Butterfly punch. I used the second from the largest Stitched Shapes Framelits for my square and circle. 

I ran the Whisper White panel through my Big Shot using one of the Petal Pair Embossing Folders after I had stamped the "meshy" image in Sahara Sand. 

For my "banner tag" I used a small piece of Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding.

My butterflies are scraps: Sahara Sand stamped with Berry Burst;  Sahara Sand stamped in Sahara Sand; and White Embossed on a scrap of Berry Burst using Versa Mark ink.


I positioned my embossed butterfly so that it reads "create".  I made this for my downline for when I send her a few products as a gift in March.

The flowers are colored with a Blender Pen and Berry Burst Ink.

If you have any questions, leave a comment with an email address, and I will reply through email.

Measurements and a product list follow:

Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Sahara Sand Mat: 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White Panel: 5" x 3 3/4"
Square and Circle: 2 1/8", 2 5/8" (close to that anyway!)
Ribbon: 2 "
Scraps: Berry Burst, Sahara Sand, Whisper White

Products Used:

Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00
Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00
Papillon Potpourri Clear Stamp Set
Papillon Potpourri Clear Stamp Set
[123759]
$15.00
Bitty Butterfly Punch
Bitty Butterfly Punch
[129406]
$16.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

13 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Karen! Love the color scheme, great layering too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Karen! I love the butterfly stamp sets - and you've used them perfectly for these challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! Simple but striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH, this may be my favorite card that you ever made! I am so bummed, I lost my tiny butterfly stamp from this set! LOVE these colors as well as how you used the sketch! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I know what it's like to lose a stamp. I lost the body to my dragonfly set.

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty card, Karen. This is one of my favourite stamp sets and you've given it a good outing. Thank you for letting LeAnne persuade you to join us again this week at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I'd do anything for LeAnne...she is a sweetheart, kind and thoughtful.

      Delete
  6. This is stunning!! I love the use of the butterflies and all the little touches. This card is a feast for the eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, your lovely card makes me long for spring! Such pretty colours and I've always loved that honeycomb texture stamp from this set! I'm so glad you decided to play along with us at As You See It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Karen! I love the shading you've added to the flowers and how all your background layers work so beautifully together. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has such a lovely vintage feel Karen! I love the subtle texture from that band of embossing and the colour variations in your little butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card - I really like your subtle embossing in the back ground. I like the way you have used the sketch. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty! I am so glad you played along with the
    as you see it!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...