Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Stampin' Up! Happy Wishes

SIP Challenge 134 – Colors! was the inspiration for my mini-drape fold card today. This DSP was difficult for me to use as it has huge flowers on it. But, when I saw that their color choice was coral, pink and berry, I knew I could use the DSP! Because it is 6 x 6 paper, I couldn't make the full curtain fold card that I did the other day. Fortunately, Dawn Olchefske had a template for 6 x 6 DSP and it worked quite well.

I wanted to use Berry Burst cardstock  for my base, but I had none left so I used Rich Razzleberry. I just happened to have a panel of Calypso Coral on my desk that I had embossed with the Garden Trellis TIEF. For some reason I hadn't used it but it was a welcome friend today. I adhered the Petal Garden mini drape to it with Fast Fuse after cutting off the corner so my "berry" would show through. I wrapped a piece of Berry Burst Metallic Ribbon around the card front, secured it with tape, and adhered the panel to the base using Fast Fuse. That is really strong tape and works great with embossed paper!

I used the Paper Pumpkin "Happy Birthday" stamp that was on my desk already. I stamped it on a scrap of Whisper White with Flirty Flamingo ink. I punched it out with the Pretty Label punch, adding 3 enamel hearts (Rich Razzleberry, Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride) from the Brights and Subtles collections. I sponged the edges (and lightly on the face of it) with a dauber and Rich Razzleberry ink. Then out came the Fast Fuse again to adhere it to the embossed panel.

For the inside, I cut a piece of Calypso Coral and a piece of Blushing Bride for layering. I used Berry Burst ink to stamp the sentiments from Happy Wishes (exclusive to the Sale-A-Bration promotion).


Again, I thank you for taking the time to stop by. If you have any questions, just leave a comment with your email address and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Products used and measurements are listed below.

Measurements in Inches: Card Base - 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
Two Calypso Coral Panels - 5 1/4  x 4
Blushing Bride - 5 x 3 3/4
DSP - 6 x 1 3/4, scored at 3 1/4, 3 3/4, 4 3/4, 5 1/8 (diagonal cut from 7/8" at top to 3 1/4" score)


Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! Love the colors and your drape fold DSP is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Karen! I just love your mini drape fold. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, I always love those folds, and I have trouble using that paper too....I guess I tend to gravitate towards small prints as well! Thanks for playing with Stamp Ink Paper this week! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Karen! I love the drape fold! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...