Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Stampin' Up! Birthday Delivery

Oh, my gosh...two days in a row I have not even paid attention to my retired stamps and DSP...here's another current one for you...life is good!



My inspiration came from these three challenges:

1. TSOT #353 = I need a sketch to get motivated!

2. SIP #132 = I need a theme to keep me going!!
3. TGIF #141 = I need colors to pull it all together and finish it!!!

My card base is Island Indigo. The strip is Fresh Fig, embossed with the Cuttlebug Organic Flourish folder, and the art piece is a Night of Navy layering square mat with Whisper White mat adhered to it. The Whisper White is stamped in Black Memento ink with a cake stamp from Birthday Delivery. I colored it in with a Blender Pen using Fresh Fig, Night of Navy and Island Indigo inks. I used my Daffodil Delight watercolor pencil for the flames on the candles. The three dots are Night of Navy Regals Enamel Shapes. The sentiment is also from Birthday Delivery and is stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. When you do heat embossing, it is important to use the embossing buddy on your card stock first so the powder does not adhere and melt where it is unwanted!

I had so much fun making this card because I knew who it was for AND I did the inside and envelope at the same time.  Take a look see (as Mary would say)...


The banner and fox come from the Birthday Memories DSP. I stamped the Hip Hip Hooray on the banner with Island Indigo. I die cut the fox and banner with the Birthday Friends Framelits. The "let's celebrate" is stamped in Night of Navy. 

I used a stamp from the Birthday Delivery set for the front of the envelope and DSP for the envelope flap. Mary says we can never have a "nekkid" envelope!



The recipient is a male and I think this is fairly masculine. He has a young daughter who has probably read Richard Scarry's books so I hope he likes it. I also hope she totally gets it and says, "Dad, can I start making cards too?"

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my creation.

Products used:

Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00
Big Shot
Big Shot
[113439]
$110.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

5 comments:

  1. Cute card Karen! Perfect colors for a masculine birthday. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute! Love the inside as much as the outside!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Karen, I love the colour choice here. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper! Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your special someone enjoys the birthday card, Karen! I'm like you - I need a sketch to get me going. Thanks for sharing your card and talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your card inside and out! They do look like Richard Scarry characters, don't they? Adorable and great take on the SIP Challenge! Thanks for playin'!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...