Saturday, October 7, 2017

Stampin' Up! Trees and Leaves

I usually make cards with strictly SU products, new and retired, but today's card is a mix for the All Sorts Challenge Week 436 - Trees and Leaves




My card base is the retired Mint Macaron color. The first layer is copper foil. Second layer is watercolor paper which I lightly colored with Ken Oliver's Color Burst powders (that is a learning curve!). Just Us Girls Word Week #414 is a challenge with the word "light" in it! 

The next layer is Vellum which was embossed with the Softly Falling TIEF. I sponged that with my new toy, "Glitter Kiss". That was unusual and another learning curve! I then stamped the sentiment from Brightly Lit Christmas with Versamark ink and heat set it with copper embossing powder. It turned out very blurry and thick so you really couldn't read all the words. The copper foil tree is die cut from Tim Holtz' Alterations Sizzix Die Cuts.

The inside I created on the computer and then stamped the sentiment again using Mint Macaron ink and copper ink. The "Merry Christmas" is from the stamp set Half Full. I made a little snowstorm inside using a stamp from Touches of Texture inked in Mint Macaron.

This card was fun for me to make as I used so many different products and new techniques. Hope you like it too and I hope you will visit the challenges and my online store (all the blue links!)

Thanks for looking!!



4 comments:

  1. Love the softness of that background and the beautiful shine of the copper! Great take on the challenge with the "light" touch of the Color Burst powders. Thanks for playing along with us this week at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and beautiful card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts' trees and leaves theme week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely tree and a gorgeous background. Thank you for joining our'Leaves and trees' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...