Monday, October 30, 2017

Stampin' Up! Teeny Tiny Wishes



My "masculine" card was inspired by the sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps #164.

My card base is 4 1/4" x 11, scored and folded at 5 1/2" in Whisper White. The Old Olive mat is 4" x 5 1/4". I had scraps of Early Espresso so I taped the pieces together with Tear & Tape, then adhered a piece of washi tape from Basics 2 to cover the seams. Then with another scrap of Early Espresso, I made a little swallowtail strip and glued it to the washi tape. My sentiment was stamped with Early Espresso ink on a scrap of Whisper White using the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. (I was feeling very scrappy today!) I tied a piece of Old Olive Baker's Twine around the mat and adhered everything to my card base. The enamel dots are Old Olive. 

The inside is just an Early Espresso mat and another Old Olive mat. The sentiment is from Guy Greetings. Easy peasy!

I always think olive and brown are masculine for some reason. Why is that?

Thanks for looking!


Product List

5 comments:

  1. Awesome card Karen! Love the colors, perfect design for a masculine card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amy and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely clean card and then, surprise, I love the image inside! Very nice. This would make a great shoebox swap card. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, what a fabulous guy card! I love the color combo and the image inside! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, it makes me so happy that you stopped by on behalf of SS. I know you have a lot of cards to look at!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...