Thursday, October 26, 2017

Stampin' Up! Feeling of Christmas


Are you wondering why the title of my post is about Christmas, while my colors and sentiment are definitely Thanksgiving related? Well, it's because I  saw a card on Pinterest that used the current stamp set Feeling of Christmas. Unfortunately, there was no name associated with it so I can't give that person credit for inspiring me. Again, I am entering the circle challenge at Try It on Tuesday (TIOT).

Here's the recipe:

Cajun Craze card base - 4 1/4" x 11" - scored and folded at 5 1/2" 

Early Espresso mat 4" x 5 1/4" embossed with a hardwood Darice folder

Old Olive mat 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"

Very Vanilla for art piece 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"

Banner - Very Vanilla 3 1/2" x 1"

The wreath from Feeling of Christmas is a two-step stamp. I stamped the bottom wreath shape in Crushed Curry. The top wreath was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then colored the wreath with Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive from the Watercolor Pencils set and used a Blender Pen to soften the coloring.  I love using these two items together. I adhered it to the Old Olive mat with Tombow glue and then adhered that to the Early Espresso embossed panel. Tombow glue or Fast Fuse Adhesive is necessary because there are so many raised grooves made by the embossing folder thus the glue needs to be strong.

The sentiment is from the Painted Harvest stamp set and is stamped in Old Olive. I hand cut the tail, sponged it with Pumpkin Pie ink and adhered it to the bottom of the card front using Tombow glue.

In between the top and bottom pieces, I wrapped a 16" piece of Jute Twine around the card front and tied a small bow. I then adhered the finished front to the card base.  

I hope you enjoyed my card with more detailed instructions than what I normally provide. Again, thanks for looking!

Product List

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty Karen! Love it when you can use a Christmas stamp set for a non-Christmas card. :) Great fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! This is such a pretty stamp set and you've used it perfectly to make a Fall card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just BEAUTFIUL - Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! oxo Susi DT
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card - thanks for joining us at TIOT. Love the colours. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really pretty card. Thank you for joining the challenge over at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Valerie and Meggymay! I appreciate your visiting my blog and leaving comments for your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely Christmas card,
    Thanks for sharing at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...