Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Stampin' Up! Christmas Around the World

Today I am fairly ambitious and my card was fairly easy after a first MAJOR fail. My first attempt ended up in the circular file! 

Speaking of circles, Try It On Tuesday has a circle challenge this week. Word Art Wednesday #306 - #307 has an "anything goes" challenge, and Watercooler Wednesday #142 is Charlotte's "All About Christmas" challenge. I hope you have the time to visit these fabulous challenge sites. Now, for my card...



I think I succeeded in meeting the qualifications for the three challenges, don't you? That's a rhetorical question, because I certainly don't want to hear a "no"...lol!

My card base is actually off white but it doesn't appear that way in the photos. I had a piece of scrap Gold Glimmer Paper on my desk so I just round the corners and adhered it to my card base. The cut out circles measure 1 1/4" diameter.

The DSP is my least favorite sheet from Christmas Around the World. I ordered the pack because I HAD to have the plaid that is in it! Check out the plaid by clicking on the blue link. 

My mats and ink are Real Red. The front sentiment is from Christmas Pines Photopolymer Stamp Set, adhered to the glimmer paper with Stampin' Dimensionals. The inside sentiment is from the retired Stitched With Cheer stamp set.

This seems like an abrupt stopping point, but I have to go make meatballs!

Thanks for looking!









Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

13 comments:

  1. Wow Karen you certainly were fast quick linking up with our challenge at the Watercooler this week. I love your enthusiasm. What a great card! The DSP is wonderful and shows through those circles just perfectly, making you want to peak inside right away. Thanks so much for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful design - in and out very beautiful !
    Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the peek through at the designer paper inside. The gold glitter adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to make the little windows!! And yes - I love that plaid, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, what a fun card! That peekaboo front, showing glimpses of the Designer Paper is such a great idea. I love the way the sparkle in the sentiment is right over the sparkling gold glimmer paper. Well thought out! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO super cute and creative, Karen. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a beautiful design and sparkling card, thank you for sharing it with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I appreciate your taking time to stop by and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful. Thank you for joining us at TioT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your beautiful Christmas card with us at TioT this time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday for our Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Great card with cute peek a boo windows.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...