Friday, October 27, 2017

Stampin' Up! Christmas Happiness

My upline, Mary Deatherage, creates beautiful cards and today I decided to CASE one of hers. Here's Mary's...

and here's mine...


If you would like to order the supplies I used for this card they are listed below the instructions and measurements for my card.

I used Real Red card stock for my base measuring 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2" and folded. I cut an Old Olive mat 4" x 5 1/4" and adhered it to the base. I cut two pieces of the plaid DSP from Christmas Around the World measuring 1/4" x 5" and adhered them equidistant from top and bottom of the Old Olive mat.

Now for the easy part...lol...I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3" x 5". I laid out my letters from the Large Letters dies on that piece and ran them through my Big Shot. 

It helps if you have Misti for the next step! I laid the panel and letters on two large post it notes so the sticky portions were able to hold the letters in place while I stamped the entire piece. I stamped two boughs and two pine cones from the Christmas Happiness stamp set using the inks listed below. I also cut out the same letters in Early Espresso (twice) and glued them together, then glued the stamped letters on top. When that was done, I adhered the stamped panel without the letters onto the Old Olive mat with one exception. The flat stamped cut out center of the "O" gets adhered before the raised letters. Then I put the raised letters back into the stamped panel using mini dimensionals. I glued a Real Red metallic enamel dot from the Brights collection to each corner. Now it's a done deal with the exception of the innards. I haven't decided what to do for that yet.

There are many You Tube videos showing various methods for the Eclipse technique and those would help you more than my written instructions probably.  However, I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

You can see more cards using this technique by visiting the challenge at TGIFC #131 - Eclipse Technique.


Thanks for looking!



4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love your eclipse card, fantastic design! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary is such a good teacher...so are you :-) Thank you for your complimentary comment.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the lovely compliment of CASEing my card, Karen!! Yours turned out beautifully!! Very well done, indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen! Loving all the layers and the fun stamping for the 'eclipse' layer. Thanks for playing along and supporting us this week at TGIF Challenges. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...