Saturday, September 23, 2017

Stampin' Up! Balloon Celebration

I have agonized over this card like you wouldn't believe. I asked members of the SU team I'm in for pointers on how to make it more appealing and they gave me good tips. It was made from scraps that were on my desk. I even thought about "scrapping" it BUT then I thought, "the person who receives it will probably just put it in the recycles anyway." So, it's going in the mail on Monday for an autumn birthday.


My layout was based on the sketch at Viva La Verve's September 2017 Challenge

helped me decide on autumn colors, dimension and rounded corners, going straight down on the right. It was the rounded corners that really did me in as I don't have a punch for that so I tried to eyeball it! My theme for a birthday came from the Bi-Monthly Seize the Birthday Balloons Challenge


My card base is Pear Pizzazz, the first mat is Pumpkin Pie and the third mat is DSP from the same package as the balloons. I punched out my balloons using the retired Balloon Celebration punch and the Painted Autumn DSP. I tried to make them shiny using the Fine Tip Glue Pen. The washi tape is retired. My sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in Cajun Craze. The punch is retired. I added clear Wink of Stella to it but it really doesn't stand out. The strings are baker's twine and the balloons and sentiment are raised with dimensionals on a strip of Garden Green cardstock. Before I sealed the card, I stamped balloons on the mat edge using Bella and Friends. However, I forgot to take a picture...so use your imagination and also use it to think this is the prettiest card you have ever seen...lol.

Thanks for looking at my scrappy card!

9 comments:

  1. Love your colors, Karen - just perfect for an autumn birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it's perfect for a fall birthday too. :) Cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is lovely, Karen! Great design & the autumn colors are pretty together. Thanks for reminding me to get those stamps & the punch out & use them! Glad you didn't "scrap" this one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Patt! I appreciate your stopping by.

      Delete
  4. This is a super card! How can anyone go wrong when you see balloons… Balloons always creates a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fall birthday card! Thanks for playing along with the tic tac toe challenge! It's fun to let the challenges help us decide what to include on our card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for you to make a card from the scraps on your desk. I think it turned out great. Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday. Hope to see you again.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card. Love those cute little balloons. So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Birthday Card for Pammies' Inky Pinkies Challenge #2415

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... This week our sponsor is none other than Pammie herself!  She is offerin...